Kalparrin provides a leading Education and Training Program to the community in four different areas:
- Professional Development Workshops for Schools & Early Education Settings
- Tailored Workshops for Schools & Early Education Settings
- Individualised Consultancy Programs for Schools & Early Education Settings
- Parent Education Workshops for Kalparrin and any other organisation
Founded in 40 years of early childhood experience and run by highly qualified staff, Kalparrin’s Education and Training Program is renowned within the early childhood and education sector and provides a calendared program of workshops throughout the year across four different areas as follows:
- Kalparrin’s 2018 Education and Training Calendar for Schools and Early Education Settings which cover a wide range of highly specialised topics and are run fortnightly during school term throughout the year.
- Kalparrin’s Tailored Workshops for Schools and Early Education Settings which are crafted specifically to meet the unique needs of varying education centres and can be run in either the school or early education venue or at Kalparrin.
Previous workshops presented have included:
- Understanding and Managing Difficult Behaviour
- Sharing Sensitive News with Parents
- Inclusion for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Working with Worries: Managing Childhood Anxieties
- Kalparrin’s Individualised Consultancy Program for School and Early Education settings is run on a fee for program basis and can cover such areas as:
- Classroom/Playground observations
- Development of Individual Learning Plans for students
- Behaviour management, social and emotional development, self care skills and cognitive development supports
- Assisting teachers with work modification and strategies for differentiation
- Team Teaching and Mentoring
- Peer support and student workshops
- Staff professional development in-programs
- Kalparrin’s Parent Education Workshops are designed especially for parents, cover a broad range of topics relevant to parents with children with disabilities and/or developmental delays. Kalparrin runs these programs for families supported by Kalparrin as well as for any other organisation supporting parents in similar circumstances.
Education and Training Program Fee Structure:
- Professional Development Workshops for Schools & Early Education Settings $55/person inclusive of GST. Workshops are capped at 40 people and are generally of 2hrs duration. Refreshments are provided. Please download the Kalparrin Professional Development Workshop Calendar for dates and topics.
- Tailored Workshops for Schools & Early Education Settings. $250/hour plus GST for up to 20 people and $350 per hour for up to 40 people. Requests for topics not previously presented are more than welcome but require advance notice. Specialised training requests over different presentation timeframes are also welcome eg: half day conference format or 3hr workshop. Please contact Kalparrin to discuss your requirements and the likely rates.
- Individualised Consultancy Programs for Schools & Early Education Settings. $250/hr plus GST inclusive of travel. Please contact Kalparrin to discuss your requirements and the likely rates.
- Parent Education Workshops for Kalparrin and any other organisation. $55 per parent, however like Kalparrin many organisations may also choose to subsidise the cost of participation of parents in education workshops. Other organisations should contact Kalparrin to discuss their requirements for Parent Education and the likely rates.
Kalparrin’s Education and Training Program for Early Education, Prep and Primary staff is highly regarded and Workshops book out quickly, so ensure you register early.
Tailored Workshops, Individualised Consultancy Programs and Parent Education Workshops are also in significant demand and are best planned well ahead of time, preferably a Term in advance.
We’re proud of the consistently positive Testimonials we receive at our courses:
“Friendly and enthusiastic teacher. Made the session interesting!”
“Thanks again, an informative and interesting presentation!”
“An excellent session, very practical ideas and examples I could easily relate to.”
“Very useful and helpful. Presenter very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Excellent presentation – thank you!”
“Thank you, I feel more confident and knowledgeable to have a sensitive discussion with families.”
“Fantastic, clear and easy to follow, very understanding and informed. Can see the presenter has lots of experience in this area – thank you!”
“Thank you! Will take away some practical strategies to use within the preschool setting.”
For further information on any aspect of Kalparrin’s Education and Training Program please contact:
Kalparrin Early Childhood Intervention Program
1 Kalparrin Ave
P: 9435 8311