Kalparrin is a social enterprise providing therapy services to young and primary school aged children with disabilities and developmental delays.
Kalparrin was originally founded by four mothers of children with disabilities and developmental delays that were determined to provide the best possible support for their own children.
Over the past four decades Kalparrin has built a highly regarded service which offers an extensive range of supports for families and has evolved into a highly professional organisation employing experienced and enthusiastic staff with an enviable reputation for progressive, innovative and effective services in the area of allied health intervention for children with disabilities and/or developmental delays.
Kalparrin is proud to be an organisation with a rich history and significant capacity in supporting children and their families and has welcomed the introduction of the NDIS as a means of further strengthening its services and the outcomes it works to achieve for children, in partnership with families.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Speech Pathologist to join our dynamic and supportive Allied Health Team on a part time permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the provision of prevention, assessment, and intervention services for children aged 0-18 years old who exhibit difficulties in the areas of language, speech, voice and fluency and the provision of social, emotional health of children with disability.
It is expected that Speech Pathology Therapy services are provided utilising family centred evidence-based culturally inclusive therapy interventions with a focus on child /family strengths, needs and priorities.
- Deliver family centred evidence-based individual speech pathology services to all customers and NDIS participants in the Kalparrin clinic and in a community setting
- Promote speech pathology services through engaging the child and the family in their natural environment and through recognizing the child’s needs to participate in their family and community life
- Participate in regular professional development opportunities and Allied Health Team meetings to keep up with current developments and principals of evidence based practice
- Demonstrate that the speech pathology service is provided within the funding available and according to the number of billable hours required
- Ensure compliance with our duty of care to clients (Child Safe Code of Conduct, NDIS Worker Code of Conduct etc.)
- Ensure services meet quality service standards, and contract agreements
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Mandatory Requirements
- Demonstrated skill and experience in the assessment and management of common presenting issues (ASD/ literacy/ articulation/ language) in children
- Demonstrates knowledge of relevant Speech Pathology objective assessment tools
- Demonstrates experience and knowledge in implementing evidence based range of SP therapy interventions and strategies
- Current membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Current Australian driver’s license
- Current Working with Children Check
- NDIS worker checks
- Current National Police Record Check
- Bachelor Degree in Speech Pathology
- Eligibility for Medicare Provider Status
- At least 3 years (full time) experience with a general paediatric case load
- Salary packaging
- Excellent facility and resources
- Free parking onsite
- Very friendly supportive team
- Working with the other members of multidisciplinary Allied Health Team
Please see the position description for more information.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to
Please call Nataliya Shkuratova (Therapy Services Manager) for a confidential discussion on
(03) 9435 8311 / 0422 523 179
The closing date for the Application is COB of 15/09/2019